ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Disha is a three year partnership between the India Development Foundation (IDF), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Xynteo, supported by the IKEA Foundation, aimed to help one million underprivileged women in India learn marketable skills and connect them to income opportunities.
This project aims to help women become economically self-sufficient so that they, their families and future generations can have better opportunities in life.
To bring changes through action and awareness program to enhance adaptability of Apprenticeship and Skill Development schemes among women
The main objectives of the program are:
- To prepare women for taking up Apprenticeship in various industries.
- To link students/colleges to various apprenticeships opportunities in companies from private/public sectors and SMEs.
This scheme covers all categories of apprentices except the Graduate,Technician and Technician(Vocational) apprentices which are covered by a scheme administered by Ministry of Human Resource Development.
DISTRICTS FOR APPROACH
Central Delhi, East Delhi, North Delhi, South Delhi, West Delhi, Bhiwani, Faridabad, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Gurgaon, Jhajjhar, Jind, Karnal, Mahendragarh, Mewat, New Delhi, North West Delhi, Palwal, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sonipat, South West Delhi.
- Imparting awareness to 25000 women candidates from various educational institutes in the districts of NCR.
- Setting up Apprentices Information Center/ Helplines to support prospective students regarding apprenticeships.
- Prepare women for taking up Apprenticeship in various industries.
- Linking students/colleges to various apprenticeship opportunities in companies from private/public sector and SMEs
24x7 TOLL FREE HELPLINE NUMBER: 1800-102-7319